It won’t be wrong to say that today Flutter is the rising star in the field of mobile application development. With the massively growing popularity of Flutter, the battle between Flutter vs Swift is growing intense. Everyone wants to know which software technology would be best to write codes and produce exceptional and user-friendly applications.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss these two much-talked-about app development platforms. Before we dive deep into the discussion, let’s first consider each platform for better understanding.
Swift is a highly intuitive programming language introduced in 2015 for Apple’s operating systems including iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. One has to use Apple’s development tools such as Xcode, and Apple’s framework, to use this language.
Flutter is an open-source multi-platform mobile SDK from Google which is being used by developers to build iOS and Android apps from the same source code. To use Flutter one must use Dart programming language.
How enterprises can benefit from using swift for their business?
Swift is an open-source technology that is fast and type-safe and has incredible benefits.
- Advance Security Features – Swift greatly augments your iOS app development through its advanced security features that are very simple and cost-effective. With Swift, you can expect easy to maintain and secure applications with high performance, therefore today, companies across the globe use Swift for iPhone application development.
- Easy to Develop Apps – It is simpler to create apps using the Swift programming language and easier to implement new features and functionality with the application.
- Better Performance – Developing iOS applications using Swift ensures the seamless performance of every functionality. Apps made using Swift are free from glitches and this further translates into better business performance.
- Good User Experience – Applications built on Swift 5 are smaller in size, thus they are easier to install and use. They also improves the user’s overall experience.
- Faster Launch – iOS apps developed with Swift 5 can be launched faster, thus giving end-users a superior app experience. Also, users can quickly install an updated version of an app due to its smaller size.
How Enterprises can benefit from using flutter for their business?
- Cross-Platform Technology – One of the biggest benefits of using Flutter is that it is a cross-platform application development, which means you can build attractive apps in iOS and Android platforms simultaneously.
- Saves Time & Money – With Flutter, you save more time and money as you don’t need to hire two separate teams for developing an application on two different platforms: Android and iOS. Therefore, business owners don’t need to worry much about spending money on mobile app development for different platforms.
- Increased Time-to-Market Speed – Another topmost benefit of Flutter is fast time-to-market, for example, it is hard to predict whether the iOS version or Android version will release the product on time. While flutter works for cross-platform at the same time.
- Beautiful Native App – Flutter offers a set of powerful, distinctive, and eye-pleasing widgets, therefore a small development team is enough to easily build a beautiful native app on both platforms much quickly.
- UI Features and Intuitive Designs – Flutter also offers a wide range of enriched UI features and intuitive designs which draws in customers and investors alike.
- Higher App Performance – As mentioned above, Flutter uses Dart as the object-oriented language, it dramatically speeds up the launch time of the application and ensures higher performance.
- Easy to Make Complicated Apps – With Flutter it is easier for developers to create complicated apps with convenience and no compromise with results.
- Lesser Development and Maintenance Cost – As Flutter uses a single code base, it is easier to develop flutter-based mobile apps that operate flawlessly on multiple platforms. This results in a dramatic decrease in the development and maintenance cost of the mobile app.
Lesser development and maintenance cost is the main reason why startups look to develop apps in Flutter.